Aug 10, 2011

Discovering France. Part One.

After I returned from my year in the US, I was mostly really happy to be back in Austria. I had missed my family, my friends, the food, my house, my books, the landscapes I grew up with. But then, about two weeks in, an old "friend" reared its ugly head: my travel bug. I actually wrote about the almost constant urge I feel to move and travel and leave Austria again in a blog post I wrote for one of my classes two years ago.
So, this bug had come back, and after talking to some friends I had met in Maine who live in  France, I was set on visiting them in Brest. Within a week I had booked my flight and was ready to leave Austria again.
This was in the middle of June and I went to Brest for about a week. My next trip to France is about to start in less than twelve hours so I thought I'd use this little recap about my time in Brest as a starting point for another little series of blog posts while I'm travelling again (I did the same when I went to Texas in December).

In Brest, for a brief moment, I was back on American ground:


I spent a day discovering the home of my dear roomie Yuna. That included, of course, cider and crepes. I enjoyed all of it.




On another day, I went to visit Le Conquet with Ben and Yuna.

Ben and Yuna. Duh.
Haha, I just love that sign.

Beach on the way to Le Conquet
Le Conquet.



More cider was in order
On the way back to Brest, we stopped at Pointe de St-Mathieu.






That's it for now. I should really pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment