Aug 12, 2011

De retour en France. Day 1: Nice et un peu de Marseille

Yesterday was a long day. Which basically every day that you start travelling is. I got up at 4.20 am, left my house at 5.15 am to catch the bus, took a train to Vienna at 6 am, met a friend who accompanied me to the airport, took a plane from Vienna to Nice at noon, and arrived in Nice at around 2 pm.

Approaching Nice

After the fall-like weather we had in Austria basically most of the summer, I was really looking forward to some guaranteed nice weather. While "planning" my trip a few days before I left, I had decided to just spend the afternoon in Nice and immediately move on to Marseille. So I stored my luggage at the train station, changed clothes (we had about 9 °C at home when I left), and went to discover Nice. It would definitely have been great to spend more time there but I just enjoyed the two short hours that I had. And as soon as I arrived at the Proménade des Anglais, I wanted to jump in the water and just spend a lazy afternoon on the beach.






That was that for Nice.
I arrived in Marseille at around 8 pm. Luckily I quickly found my way to my accommodation for my first night in Marseille - with a great couchsurfer who offered to host me pretty much last minute. After a quick dinner with two other couchsurfers who were staying there as well, we headed to the Vieux Port to have a drink. A nice, cold beer was the perfect ending to a looong day.


No comments:

Post a Comment