Aug 24, 2011

De retour en France. The final days in Paris.

Traveling in the South of France and spending a couple of days in Toulouse was amazing. However, I was really looking forward to Paris for two reasons. One, I hadn't been to Paris in five years - about time to return. Second and most importantly, in Paris a little "réunion" of friends from Maine was about to happen. So I said goodbye to Toulouse after meeting up with a couple of more couchsurfers and made my way to Paris. I arrived on Friday evening and left Tuesday morning. The weekend was filled with reunions, parties, and discovering Paris. Of course the fact that we celebrated our reunion in an appropriate manner played a huge role in our leaving the house a little later in the afternoon every day. Still, we saw quite a bit, walked around a lot, and still managed to squeeze in some necessary shopping. Hey, can't leave Paris without a new dress, right. Right?

As always, a picture can say more than a long blog post, so here a little photo tour of last weekend's shenanigans in Paris.

Sunday seems to have been a good day for weddings

Place de la Concorde

Fall is just around the corner

On the Pont Alexandre III

Inside Hotel des Invalides


Hotel des Invalides

A coke for six euro anybody?

There are creeps everywhere.

Jardin du Luxembourg avec Yuna et Zach
Jardin du Luxembourg

Panthéon


Smart person that I am, I left my memory card in my laptop on Saturday so all my pictures from that day have to be developed before they can be shared.

Un grand merci à Charlotte for hosting our crazy bunch in Paris (and of course Montpellier)! Et un grand merci à Benjamin for providing shelter in Toulouse! C'était inoubliable.

6 comments:

  1. oh I love paris!!!!!
    not only in the springtime!!


    +++ xoxo
    http://miss-philo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Paris is amazing no matter the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photodiary.

    Patience
    Last day for my $100 ASOS Gift Card Giveaway:
    ASOS Giveaway

    ReplyDelete