Aug 18, 2011

De retour en France. Day 6 + 7: Toulouse.

With a nice sunburn, I made my way to Toulouse on Monday night. The last two days here have been insanely hot but this morning it has cooled off a little and it even rained for about ten minutes. I've loved every place I have been to so far on this trip and Toulouse is no exception. It's a beautiful city and it definitely deserves its nickname "Ville Rose".


After my "marathon" in Marseille where I basically could not walk after exploring the whole city on foot, I decided to take things a little bit slower this time. And of course in this heat, it would be suicidal to rush from one place to another. So on my first day, I walked around in some quite random neighbourhoods and parts of town, something I always enjoy. This little "stroll" also included a cemetery, a personal favourite everywhere I go.






At some point, I also made it closer to the city center, though.

Pont Neuf

Grand Rond

Ville Rose

On the Pont Neuf
On my second day discovering Toulouse, I finally made it into the city center after walking along the Canal du Midi for a while. And after making a quick stop in a shopping center where, like in all places I've been so far, most shops are actually closed right now. In the afternoon, I meet for a drink with a couchsurfer from Toulouse and learned some more random facts about the city.

Canal du Midi

Dans le Jardin Japonais

Jardin Japonais

Conseil Général

Basilique St-Sernin

Inside Basilique St-Sernin

 Capitole - the center of Toulouse






No comments:

Post a Comment