Dec 29, 2010

The Lone Star State Road Trip: Day 1

Yesterday, the big road trip began. The group traveling consists of my parents, my older brother, and the following car.
My older brother and my parents

Our car

We left Dallas at around 2.30 pm after renting a car for a week. The first "mission" was just to get the hell outta Dallas. Because traffic there is very busy, slightly crazy, and not at all fun. So we did just that. Our first stop on the road was the small town Kaufman  (very fitting, I know). We went for a pleasant stroll around Kaufman and took a couple of nice pictures.





We spent the night in a very nice hotel in Nacogdoches, the oldest town of Texas. After dinner we went for a walk around the center to see the Christmas decorations. However, since it was already evening when we got there, we postponed the proper sightseeing to the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment