Mar 22, 2012

Sunday Walk on the Kapuzinerberg

Last Sunday I decided to go for a walk/hike on the Kapuzinerberg. I was not hungover from St. Patrick's Day, it was a beautiful day in Salzburg, and I couldn't wait to get away from my laptop for a couple of hours.  Plus, I hadn't taken a longer walk on the Kapuzinerberg in ages.

Before heading out, I checked some routes to take online and more or less stuck to this one: http://www.auf-den-berg.de/wandern/salzburg/kapuzinerberg-salzburg-wandern-in-der-stadt/

I took loads of pictures while taking in the scenery and remembering that Salzburg is a damn awesome place.
As a point of departure I chose the Linzer Gasse.

The entrance.

"Street" art.

One of the six stations of the cross on the way up.
Since it was Sunday, it was not surprising that a lot of people were going for a walk. And (unfortunately), tourists have taken back Salzburg once again.



I took the route "Franziskischlössl über Basteiweg entlang Wehrmauer".

More "street" art.


You know it's spring when you find Bärlauch on the way :)




I also saw my first butterflies of the year. The first butterflies always make me particularly happy and remind me of my childhood.


The Franziskischlössl with the Nockstein in the background.


Yodel session.
It was surprisingly warm on Sunday and since I haven't been hiking in a while, I did get my sweat on which wasn't necessarily unwelcome ;)

One of the absolute HIGHLIGHTS of this hike was the group on the picture above. I was just on my way back down when I heard people yodelling! One of the guys had actually brought his accordion. Naturally, I stuck around for a bit and even though I would not call myself a yodel fan, I certainly enjoyed the songs since they fit in so perfectly with the whole day and the surroundings. These are the moments when I absolutely love being in Austria.





All in all, I walked for about 1.5 hours with plenty of stops to take pictures. The Kapuzinerberg is definitely worth a walk, especially on such a beautiful day. I'm looking forward to seeing the hill green in the next couple of weeks and I'll probably be back soon. Even if it's just to check out the restaurant in the Franziskischlössl...

2 comments:

  1. traum fotos! i glaub da muss i jetzt auch bald mal gehn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke :) Musst auf jeden Fall mal gehn. In zwei Wochen sowas wenn dann alles schon zu bluehen beginnt... Vielleicht schau ich dann eh auch noch mal ;)

    ReplyDelete