Dec 29, 2010

Before the Big Road Trip

Okay, so before I can actually write about my Texan road trip, it's important to explain what happened right before that. I planned on leaving Portland for Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) on December 20, but due to quite a substantial amount of snow fall within a very short amount of time, namely one hour before I was supposed to catch my plane, my trip down south was delayed until the morning of December 22.

Stock yards in Forth Worth

On Wednesday at around noon I finally arrived in DFW and was picked up by my parents, who had arrived on Monday as planned, and my older brother and his girlfriend. The next few days, including Christmas, were spent with the family of my brother's girlfriend in DFW, or, to be more precise, in a suburb called Rowlett. During this time we went to an amazing steak house (hard to believe that a vegetarian would say that, right?), visited the old stock yards in Fort Worth and downtown Dallas, went shopping in the huge shopping center Northpark in Dallas, celebrated Christmas with the closest family at first and the extended family of my brother's girlfriend later.

Downtown Dallas

On Monday, December 27, 2010, my road trip through Texas began. More on that in my next blog post.

Me, very happy, at a steak house

No comments:

Post a Comment