Dec 30, 2010

Day 3: From the Moon to the Coast

As I mentioned this morning, the plan for today was, among other things, the Johnson Space Center in Houston. After conveniently checking into a motel in the immediate neighborhood of the space center, I actually had some time this morning to write on my blog and have a quiet breakfast because the space center did not open until 10 am.

We arrived at the space center right at 10 am and spent about three hours there. It was a good thing we arrived so early because by the time we left, there were loads of people there. The space center was interesting but quite overpriced. And even though I enjoyed most of it, and especially seeing a real rocket was amazing, but I don't think I'd go there again. Once, sure, but twice, not worth it.
Now here's a couple of impressions from the space center:




After the space center it was time for lunch and after that we couldn't wait to get away from that area and go further south and to the coast. Pretty quickly we arrived in Galveston where we mainly drove around to see the architecture and see something of the town. It was already interesting to observe the Caribbean influence.







On the way to our final destination for the day (which was not determined at that point), we also had a chance to stop along the Gulf of Mexico. Even though it was quite windy I really enjoyed myself. We eventually ended up in a place called Surfside Beach where we found a cheap enough, very basic motel for the night on the beach. And here ends the tale for tonight. Let's see where I'll end up tomorrow. And with these last impressions I say good night for today.


With my mom
A little fella I met on the way

No comments:

Post a Comment