Jan 4, 2011

Day 8: The last day

After a week of traveling through Texas, the last day of our road trip had come. As I mentioned in my last blog post, we spent the night in Waco and in the morning I offered to show my parents around Baylor University for a little bit since I wanted to show them an American university campus.


Then we grabbed all our stuff and headed back to Dallas. However, my dad was settled on making one more stop on the way back in Corsicana in a small Pioneer Village Museum. It was a small and very interesting museum and cost only $ 3 - exactly the way I like it.



And that was that. We got back to Dallas a little bit after noon, returned our rental car, and checked into a hotel for my parent's last night in Texas. For our last night together, we wanted to do something special, so we went to Gloria's Restaurant, where they have Mexican, Tex-Mex, and other Central American food. It. Was. Amazing. I haven't had really good Central American food in almost four years and the strawberry margarita for $ 5 wasn't too shabby, either.



I am here for another night until tomorrow morning when I'm heading back to Portland, Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment